Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July





Happy 4th of July everyone, sometimes I forget the real reason for this holiday. I just wanted to take a moment to remember the reason we celebrate. I am grateful for the ability to choose how I want to live; and I want to say thank you to all of those sacrificed and all those who are sacrificing everyday for all of us. We live in a great nation, not perfect or without its problems but founded with ideals that I think are worth fighting for. Thank you Travis, I am so proud of you and appreciate what you are doing for our country and our family. I love you!

5 comments:

Mandie said...

I love the "hero" pose of Travis! It's a good one! The sky & clouds behind him look awesome! Thank you, Travis - and all of our military men (and women! ;) )

sue said...

It is my favorite holiday, it seems the most pure without commercial stuff and presents, just celebrating.

the berios family said...

Taryn!Way to make my day more meaningful and inspired! I hope you guys have a great one--I think we're going to keep it low key and go to the park tonight instead of the aquarium. You've given me a lot of inspiring thoughts today! I love being your friend!!

Pin us in for one of your next days off for a summer road trip adventure with the kids!

the berios family said...

Taryn!Way to make my day more meaningful and inspired! I hope you guys have a great one--I think we're going to keep it low key and go to the park tonight instead of the aquarium. You've given me a lot of inspiring thoughts today! I love being your friend!!

Pin us in for one of your next days off for a summer road trip adventure with the kids!

Gavin and Shawna said...

...and I am grateful for god friends who chose to watch my 2 yo without asking, to relieve stress from us...you guys rock!! Hope you have a great 4th!!