It appears that Ike really did take a hike all the way up the Galveston. I feel for the people up there and hope and pray that they are all safe. I woke up this morning watching the destruction and I couldn't help imagining what things could have looked like here. We are very lucky and blessed. It did feel a little anti climatic with all the preparations and we didn't even get any rain. Better anti climatic than a real disaster on our hands. I just want to thank all our many, many friends who called, and emailed and offered us a place to stay, and were just worried about our safety. Thank you, we are blessed with many great and wonderful friends.
Because we were all home we took the opportunity to potty train. I read a book on how to potty train in one day. So we went all out and bought a peeing doll, and I made him some hideous under ware, and we had a big party at the end of the day. Cooper spent the first half of the day teaching "Steve" how to use the big boy potty, and he got to eat Steve's treats and put stickers on Steve's chart. I wasn't sure he would get into it, but I guess I should never underestimate a child's imagination. Steve ate breakfast with us, and lunch, and watched movies with Cooper. Cooper wanted Steve to even nap with him, but then he had fears that Steve would wet his bed (Steve had a lot of accidents), and he changed his mind. By lunch time we celebrated Steve being a big boy, and had a little celebration for him.
After Coop's nap it was his turn, and he did awesome. After his afternoon, we had a big party for him with balloons, and cake and the whole deal. Maybe it was a little much, but we threw his diapers away (not really, we are saving them for Liam) and he had done great so far. Anyway, maybe this is a lot for just learning to use the potty, but it was a big deal here.
10 comments:
Glad you guys are safe! I am secretly terrified of hurricanes, I spent half our honeymoon (in Florida) petrified that one would get me. You are braver than me, way braver!!
That is such a cute idea for potty training. Cute cake too! You are way creative!!!
How cute!! I love that idea. I will have to use it with my next little one. I love that you made Steve underware. What a great Mom!!!
nothing is too big for potty training!!!! I hope the goodness keeps up, and that youon't have to board up again.
Oh man. The picture of Cooper and "Steve" watching t.v. together is too funny! I laughed out loud.
I'm so glad Ike didn't hit Corpus. I was watching the news wondering about you all!
What book did you read? I'm thinking about starting Eli sometime soon...I like Steve! So it really only took one day huh? How old is Cooper?
T- glad you guys are safe & sound... :)
So... has it worked with Coop & the potty training??? Maybe we should give this a go with Collin in a few months (like after the holidays, but before we move.)
You are so talented! I just love the cake!
Way to go Mommy and Cooper. What a cool mom you are. All Cale got was some new underwear and couple M&M's. You put me to shame!!
You continue to amaze me! I love the cake, the party, and the pre-portioned treat cups. Steve's underwear- you are hilarious! I'm glad Coop is doing so well and just know he's gonna keep it up! Maybe we'll have to have a little, "Mommy did it" lunch on Tuesday????
That's really a neat idea to have a potty party! Cute Cake!!
Post a Comment