Friday, October 3, 2008

One sweet baby



As most of you know already, Liam was born Monday Sept. 29, at 6:02 p.m. It was a complete surprise because he was 3 1/2 weeks early! My water broke at 3 a.m. and we went to the hospital around 8:30 a.m. I attempted to do a v-back (a vaginal birth after a c-section) but it wasn't meant to be. I only dilated to a 2 by 5 that evening. Thankfully Heavenly Father knows what is best for me, and we went ahead and did the c-section. When they got in there they found that my Uterus had already started to rupture and Liam's hair was sticking out of a small hole. I feel so blessed that we are all well, and Liam was safe. The doctor said things could have been disasterous and it was a miracle that we are safe and well. Anyway more later- this is the last thing I should be doing right now, I should be laying down. I will have Travis post more pictures later.

13 comments:

Ericka Johnson said...

He is darling! I'm so glad everything is okay with you and Liam. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Hey there cuz! How are you feeling? Congrats on your new bundle of joy! I am so happy for you. Liam is such a cutie. I can't wait to meet him! I was at Grandma and Daddy-Daddy's when I heard the good news that you had your baby. I'm happy that you and Liam are doing good. I love you very much and I miss you tons!!! Take care of yourself and have a great weekend!!!

Leslie said...

congratulations! 3 1/2 weeks early!!!!! wow! So, so glad to hear you and Liam are doing well. Get some rest girl!

love les

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Congrats Taryn! That is such excited news, and we are glad everything worked out for the best. Being a true McDermott, Rylee loves the name Liam. All of our children will have Irish names. Hopefully someday they can meet! :)

Dart said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that all is well. I hope it continues to go that way.

sue said...

another exciting birth story for you!!!! I am really glad you two are ok and I hope you have a quick and complete recovery.

Patty said...

Congratulations!! Such a close call- it does sound like there was divine intervention. I'm glad you both are doing well. He sure is a cutie!!

Family said...

I am so glad you and the baby are doing well. He looks like cooper. It really is a blessing things turned out the way they did. Let me know if you need anything I don't mind helping out. I hope you are getting lots of rest. I love the new born stage. I really could just cuddle all day long. Just ask Matt my house goes on stand still when I have new little ones, to busy snuggling.

Tynel Jarnagin said...

He's so sweet! Bekah went on and on and on and on about how she wishes she was Liam's sister or mother. After holding him, that is ALL she can talk about!!! That was very kind of you to let her!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Those pics don't even do him justice...he really is a handsome baby! You are amazing...and I am so glad things fell into place to provide safety for you all!
PLEASE....Please call if you have any need or any questions or anything!
shawna

Jake & Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats! Liam is beautiful! I feel so out of the loop, just finding out now...I wish I could bring you some dinner or watch Cooper! I'm so glad everything turned out okay in the end. Can't wait to meet him someday :)

Mandie said...

T- I am so happy you guys are doing well! Can't wait to see more pics of Liam.

sav said...

congrats! whitney told me all about it! he looks just precious!