Saturday, January 10, 2009

Aaargh! It's a pirate Party

This is out of order, but x marks the spot on the treasure map
Treasure map


Cooper blowing out his candles

Following the treasure map- hoping and marching to find the "X's"



Peg Leg race











Walking the plank





This is out of order, but here is the inside of my cake

















here is the outside. I was proud of myself, I think I did pretty good.
Check out my tree's.








Getting ready to fill the cake with Ghiradelli chocolate frosting. Yumm!









The Frosting











The cake







Looky whose 3! I can hardley believe my little guy is now 3 (well tomorrow he is). Wow Cooper we are so proud of you and the big boy you are. Here is a look into our pirate party. We made home made pizza (Linds your recipe worked great), hunted for treasure and played lots of games. Thanks to all his wonderful little friends who came and made the day so special.

18 comments:

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Martha :) You are the best! Another amazing party- I'm only sorry we couldn't be there for it. I didn't hear back from you- how's your Grandpa?

Tynel Jarnagin said...

Oh, and please tell Coop Happy Birthday for us!!! Emma had a dream about him last night...

Kim said...

The cake looked as good on the outside as it did on the inside! Yay for you! Good job!

sue said...

AWESOME cake!!!! Happy birthday Cooper, I hope that party was fun for adults too because it looks like the kids had a great time!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Wow! Your cake looks awsome! How did you do the trees? Way cute!Looks like everyone had fun! I can't believe he is 3!!!

Leslie said...

YUMMM!!! That cake looks soo GOOD!! I wish I could have had some! What a great party!

Leslie said...

Hey - if you ever get a chance could you pop me an e-mail llr8@hotmail.com. I misplaced the paper you wrote all you info on when you were here & I have a question for you :)

les

Ericka Johnson said...

The cake is awesome!! You are one clever gal. Happy birthday Cooper!

Music Mama said...

Very impressive party! I'm sure Cooper is the happiest 3 year old boy on the planet! And your cake was very impressive. Happy Birthday to Cooper!! xoxo

Gavin and Shawna said...

AS a living testament...that cake was DELICIOUS!!! And it was even cuter in person...Taryn is an amazing baker...what am I saying...Taryn is amazing at everything!!
Happy actual B-day Coop!!!

Scott and Lindsey said...

Fun! I want to be a pirate. I can't believe Cooper is 3 already. Time goes by so fast. I can't wait to celebrate a post party with Coops.

Mary said...

You did such a good job!! What an awesome mommy you are!! That's it, you're hired...Addy's birthday is in March, come plan it for me!! : )

Andrea said...

Oh wow. You had me at Ghiradelli! Yum-o. Now Taryn, did you get to eat it? :-0 What a fantastic idea for a cake..x marks the spot...in my tummy!

Michigan Roys said...

You sure have lots of people reading your blog! Cool party. If Cooper is 3 (Happy Birthday!) then that means Xiomara will be 3 soon. Time sure flies. It looks like you had a great party! Fun!

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

You are so creative! It looks like a lot of fun...Happy Birthday Cooper!

Lindsey said...

Hey Taryn,
Thanks for all of your calls. Sorry I have been so slacker and haven't had time to call you back. I'm on the final stages of my epic week. 4 weddings and 1 expo down, 1 more expo to go. First shot starts on Sunday!
Always something exciting over here.

Jake & Rachel said...

Awesome cake Taryn! Ghiradelli frosting sounds delicious! Happy much belated birthday to Cooper, it looks like you threw him a fun pirate party!

BreeAnn said...

That cake looks awesome! Good job! You go girl!