Monday, February 15, 2010

We got an assignment...can you guess....to where?....


The time is getting close for us to move again. It is bittersweet, I have really learned to love it here. It is always the people that make it so great, and i have once again met some pretty fantastic people. How will I say good bye, I won't think of it now, but it is going to be tough. Not only have I found some wonderful friends but my kids have too. We have until this summer so I am going to live in the present and not the future until it is time to go.

Now the fun part, If you can't tell from the pictures we are going to Colorado Springs, I am so excited about it. I prayed so hard that we can be closer to family, and I felt my prayers were selfish to want something like that for myself. I am happy that Heavenly Father feels that it is right for us to move there too. 12 hours from home, seems like a dream. Cooper on hearing that we are going to Colorado asked if there was snow, and mountains and I said there was going to be alot. He quickly replied that he loves snow and sledding. He is a mountain boy just like his mommy! Liam yelled when he found out but I wasn't sure if it is because he yells all the time or if he was just that excited. Roxy can't wait to grow her fur back out, she is tired of her embarrassing haircuts we keep giving her.
Mostly I am so excited to be just 1.5 hours away from a temple. That is pretty close for us, and I can't wait to go.

12 comments:

Micah E. said...

Sounds like an exciting transition!

I just finished officer training, so I can email now! Shoot me a line when you get a chance. micahelggren AT mac DOT com.

Andrea said...

Oh! I am so happy for you! Colorado was our choice to live if not here. Job is secure her though so Alaska it is while we ride out the storm. :-) I am excited to see how you like it there. How nice to be so close to a temple AND family!!

Clint, Julie, Knox & Jack said...

OH! I am so jealous. We wanted to move there and a job came available there after accepting in CC. Austin will do though. :))

Jake and Whitney said...

Taryn, that is so wonderful! I am so happy for you guys that you will closer to home and the mountains! Too bad our timing was a little off now that I am out here in Buffalo! I can't wait to see you guys this spring. I desperately need my sisters sometimes!

Ericka Johnson said...

Oh Taryn! I'm so happy for you, but will miss you!

Julie Knowlton said...

Congrats you guys! It will be great to have you closer! :)

Michigan Roys said...

Oh, so exciting! I love the idea of Colorado - the memory of it. I'm not sure what to think about the over grown Colorado but what can you do when a place like that is so spectacular? I know you'll enjoy it. What will Travis be doing?

BreeAnn said...

Yay! How exciting! That will be an awesome thing for you guys!

Lindsey said...

Whoohoo! Lucy will get to play with her cousins so much now!
We love you guys!

sue said...

YAY!!! I am glad that you are going where you want and I am totally jealous that you will be so close to a temple!

Jake & Rachel said...

Bittersweet indeed, I am going to be very sorry to say goodbye! But thankfully we'll be close enough to meet in Tahoe or some other fun place. I can't tell you how happy I am for you guys!! Who knew we would be so sad to leave Corpus Christi?

Gavin and Shawna said...

WEST coast baby!! That is awesome. Congrats you guys. I've only been to Colorado SPrings once...but it is GORGEOUS. ANd its close(r) to CA!! You deserve it all and more=))