Monday, August 9, 2010

Oh poop! Time to change.

I found this link when I was looking into LDS homeschooling, it was on the blog of www.latterdayhomeschooling.com. I guess that means that I should NOT watch, The Housewives of wherever and not watch all that other guilty pleasure junk tv that I so like to defizz to every once in awhile. Oh poop!

"♥ Create an environment and climate where the Spirit of God can be.

What pictures adorn the walls of your homes?
Is there a feeling of order or chaos?
What movies, music, magazines, books, and tv programs are you, as the mother, letting into your home?
'Women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. Whatever happens in that home and family happens because she cares about it and it matters to her. She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her . . .Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight'~ Julie B. Beck, BYU Women's Conference, April 29, 2010 ~"

2 comments:

Ericka Johnson said...

That is great advice! It's easy to let our gaurd down now and then, and a little harder to get it back up! Glad your back online and getting settled. Miss you!

Tynel Jarnagin said...

My favorite talk ever! Sis. Beck is amazing... and it sure makes me re-examine what this lionness protects!