Saturday, March 26, 2011

A garden

I really want to plant a garden.  We have REALLY dry and WINDY weather and very hard ground.  I am pretty sure building a planter and adding my own soil is the way to go, any other pointers?  I just can't wait to have my own cucumbers and pumpkins and tomatoes!  Mmmmm now I just need to build it, and plant it and tend it.  Minor details.

5 comments:

brandi said...

I've been reading alot about square foot gardening. There are quite a few blogs out there. $5 Dinners has a regular feature about it.

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

I know lots of people who have the square foot garden, but they used old tires they got for free, filled with dirt. Don't know if it would work there tho!

Jake and Whitney said...

I would love to have a garden! I will be able to learn from all your experiences by the time we are ready to start one.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. You could grow herbs too. I guess those cute bunnies might be a problem along with the wind and dirt. One of my Activity Day girls said it's not dirt - it's soil. Although what you have in your yard now is dirt!

Andrea said...

http://ana-white.com/2010/05/hack-natural-rustic-cedar-raised-beds.html

Cheap, easy, a project I know you can do on your own or even with your sweet hubby. We've built 3 and are building many more! I hope this helps.