Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reality is setting in...

It seemed so far away...but the time has come up fast.  Time for Travis to go to more training in Little Rock.  I am grateful for this training in someways, it has saved him from a deployment in May and that would have been 4 months and this is only 2 months.  So, I am happy for that because he will be here when the baby is born and he won't have to deploy until November.  The kids are going to miss him, I am going to miss him.  2 months is nothing right? Iin military time it really is nothing, so no complaining for me.  I am thankful that he has been here since October and hasn't had to go anywhere since then.   We just LOVE him so much we HATE it when he leaves us.  One more happy week, going to soak it up!

5 comments:

Gavin and Shawna said...

I think, military or no-military...splitting up a family is always sucky! and you are amazing for your attitude and your strength! you rock T!!

Lindsey said...

Boo. Complain all you want, 2 months is a long time, but I know you will make the best of it. Just don't work too hard, and say no when you need to. And maybe stay in your pajamas if you feel like it, and watch some good movies.

I'm so confused. Did you take your photo in May 2011? Because it sure looks like Hawaii! Only one more week and we will be there. Wish we could have gone together!

Anonymous said...

It's never easy, especially with kids, but thankfully it's not longer. I wish you could drive home, but it's just to far to drive alone.

Anonymous said...

Mwahahahaha

Jake & Rachel said...

Anytime is a long time to be away from a spouse, so don't feel guilty complaining :) I love you and hope these next two months fly by!