Sunday, May 15, 2011

Heart Surgery and Bringing on the pink

                                                                           The Blues
                                                                       The purples
                                                              Love the oranges and yellows

I was thinking about doing some kind of stencil like this but with a soft yellow- what do you all think?


The last few weeks have been interesting/exciting/stressfull.  Let me expand....Travis went TDY right after conference and so we were dealing with that..then..the day after Easter my dad had an angeogram that showed major blockages to his heart.  He had 6 blockages, and so the next day he was scheaduled for bypass surgery.  On that same day I found out we were expecting a girl (we are super excited).  I also found out that she has a small problem with the umbilical cord.  So I will be getting lots of ultrasounds and hopefully everything will be fine. I decided I am not going to research it on the internet, it will only make me worry and I don't need that!   Wednesday I drove out to Utah, thank goodness my little sister Marette was visiting me and was able to make the drive with me so we could be with my dad.  I spent 2 weeks at home with my dad and tried to help out the best I could but there isn't much one can do to make major heart surgery heal faster or make the pain go away.  It has been such a blessing to live closer to home so I can be there when emergencies like this one happen.  It has been really hard not having Travis home to help cope with this stress but hopefully in 2 short weeks he will be home with us again.  I am so grateful for modern medicine and new leases on life.  The surgeon said he had a large chance of dying within the year if he would have just kept going on not knowing. 

So now that I know for sure it is a girl I can start planning for her!  So fun.  I started her quilt today and I can't wait until it is all done.  I have chosen Central Park by Kate Spain.  It is bright and cheery and it makes me smile.  I hope she will like it too.

3 comments:

Mandie said...

I love the fabric you picked! can't wait to see what you make! :)
will def keep you & baby girl in my prayers!
love you!

Music Mama said...

The fabric is FANTASTIC! Of course she will love it! I will keep you and the sweet baby in my prayers. Take it easy. xoxox Oh, and I'm so happy your dad was able to get the necessary surgery and that he is recovering well.

Kim said...

Yay! A girl! How fun for you. Cute fabric. Your kids are lucky to have a mom who likes to sew and can make precious heirlooms for them to keep forever!
Hope things go well the the pregnancy.