Friday, March 28, 2008

A little about us!


Amber Bright did this on her blog, so I thought it might be fun:


How did you meet your spouse? Well- this is a strange story, but Travis was stationed at HAFB in his home town. Really, he went to high school outside the bases gates. I had moved back to UT from Chicago, and he was visiting my singles ward. I was speaking in church that sunday and he swears I was staring at him the whole time. (which is totally not true) He deployed to Turkey and My bishop asked me if I would write to him as part of my compassionate service calling. To say the least we wrote and emailed and for about a month and we went on our fist date the day after he got back.


How long have you been together? we got enganged about 10 days after we went on our fist date so we have been together a little over 7 years


How long have you been married ? 7 years in July


Who said I love you first? It is sad to say but me, I did it on accident


Who is taller? Well Travis is 6 foot 5 inches and I am 5 feet 3 inches- so Travis


Who sings better? travis, I am a horrible singer


Who is smarter? These questions are making me feel bad, Travis is way smarter


Who does the laundry? mostly me


Who does the dishes? again mostly me


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Travis


Who mows the lawn? mowing? Someone is supposed to mow?


Who cooks dinner? me, when I get the motivation up..


Who drives when you are together? Travis, I think it drives him crazy when I drive


Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Usually Travis, because i am usually right:)


Whose parents do you see the most? They live just a few blocks away from each other so both


Who kissed who first? Well . . .I think it was mutual. We kind of kissed on our fist date


Who proposed? WE decided we wanted to get married around 10 days post first date but the actual proposal was in an airplane with my name written on the ground. "Taryn Marry ME?"


Who is more sensitive? Of course me, I cry all the time


Who has more siblings? We are tied, each family has 6 kids, although I am the second oldest and he is the baby.




I tag everyone else!!! Let me know how you & your sweetie are connected!! :)

7 comments:

Scott and Lindsey said...

You will have been married 7 years in July. You got married one year after us and we are coming up on our 8th year. 2001 right?
It was fun learning more about you and Travis. Engaged in 10 days?!? I don't remember that. See you soon!

Ericka Johnson said...

That was fun to read! How funny that you said I love you first--on accident!

Andrea said...

Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Usually Travis, because i am usually right:)

I love you Taryn! Nothin' like a girl with class (and a little bit o sass)! ;0)

BTW, I am usually right as well!
Andrea K

The Bright Family said...

I'm glad you answered the questions too. :) Wow--what a proposal!!!

Mary said...

Cute!! I'd do it if I had time!! Maybe when I get to my mom's house tomorrow!! So fun to read!!

Music Mama said...

I am usually right, too. I guess that's why we're friends :) Lots of fun. Can't wait till you get here! Love Andrea

Jennifer Bundy said...

Taryn,
I was able to find your blog from Andrea K. I have thought about you often, and just not gotten around to connecting! Hopefully I will be better in that department now. Life is getting back on track after having a baby 7 weeks ago. So fun to read about your and Travis' story!
Jennifer