Today we are having a ward pioneer party and I am bringing pies. I thought I would share this delectable beauty. I used to work at this little lunch boutique kind of place when I was first married living in Columbus Mississippi called the Front Door. They made a very yummy pie called Kentucky Derby pie. I have found a recipe that to me tastes pretty darn close. Serve it with vanilla ice cream for a real treat. I think we used to serve it with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Really it may be the easiest pie you'll ever make:
Kentucky Derby Pie
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
6 oz chocolate chips (I am pretty sure we used mini, but I only had regular)
1 unbaked pie shell
Mix all ingredients and pour into pie shell, bake for 10 min at 450, then reduce heat to 350 and bake 35 minutes more. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla icecream.
10 comments:
You made me actually misst that place! I have never been able to make that pie work at home. It alwasy bakes funny but it sure is delicious! I hope you have a great time and think of me when you have a bite!
I guess you are now off my list to call & remind them to bring a pie. :) Looks yummy can't wait!!
Um....my prego belly says YUMMMMMMMY!! I want some...could you send some in the mail?! I miss your delicious desserts!!...and we miss all y'all=)))
That looks Yumm-O. I will definatly make it. Have fun at the pioneer party.
mmm, that sound good, maybe we'll do that for Sunday baking?
Yummy.
Why is it that only the wards outside of Utah have actual pioneer day celebrations? We used to have great ones in Boston, but here?...Nada. "This is the place" for crying out loud and no one even celebrates it here!
I wish I could hire you to come cook for us. We are slackers right now in the whole cooking department.
We are awesome photo retouchers and fence builders though.
yum! I am going to have to try this one out asap!
The 18th is perfect. I have it on my calendar. So, the shower is the 17th, right? I have it on my calendar too. So excited to see you!
Yum. I didn't get any at the party. It was gone in seonds!
Post a Comment