Every time I want to make homemade pizza, I have to look on my sisters blog for her dough recipe and so I am stealing it from her blog, so now I have to just search my own blog instead of hers. Thanks Lindsey and Scott!
Carol's Pizza Dough
Mix together:
2 T. dry yeast
½ c. warm water
2 t. sugar
Set aside until foamy
Mix:
2 ½ c. powdered milk, mixed (2/3 c. powdered milk with 2-2 ½ c. water)
1 T. salt
2 T. oil
2-3 c. flour
Add yeast.
Add flour to sift dough (3-4 c. more flour) until pulls away from bowl.
Raise until double – about 1 hour.
Divide into 3 – rest so it can be elastic, 5-10 minutes.
Floured surface.
Preheat oven 450ยบ.
Cook 9 minutes (we usually go 10-12).
Potato Pizza
Slice a Yukon Gold Potato super thin
Soak it in 3 washes of an ice bath to remove starch
Drain potatoes
dice half an onion
brush olive oil on prepared dough
layer with potatoes, onions and a generous (really, really generous)
handful of freshly grated parmesean
Follow cooking instructions on pizza
Ta da!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the history of this recipe.
It is, Scott's sister's husband's aunt's recipe.
How cool is that?
Post a Comment