Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cascarones-A Texas Easter Tradition











I bought these for Easter and forgot to use them....so we instead used them for our family home evening activity the next day. These are easy to buy here in South Texas at Easter time, and I thought that we couldn't leave without doing them at least once. Roxie stole one, Cooper and Travis hit them with the bat, and Liam loved to watch them crumble in this hands. I just loved watching my boys...a week later and we still have confetti all over the back yard.

4 comments:

Jake and Whitney said...

That looks so fun! I can't wait to see you guys soon. I cant believe that it's so close and that the weather is nice and that the sun is shining here (although all of you might want to bring sweatshirts and jackets ;-)). BTW, it looks like there is some red in your hair. It's pretty!

Jake & Rachel said...

I love Cascarones! I actually bought biodegradable ones last year, they just melted away in the humidity after a few days :) I will miss these Texas traditions, hopefully we can get them in CA and CO

Lindsey said...

I just think it is fun to say. The confetti is cute and everything, but I think I would want some candy in my eggs!

Rob and Jennifer said...

I never understood those eggs while we were there!